Our services include annual and semi-annual wellness exams, senior wellness exams, sick-pet visits, and gentle, peaceful, and private at-home euthanasia. We can perform most of the same diagnostics and treatments as traditional stand-alone vet hospitals. For services that we can not perform in the home, such as surgery, dentistry, radiographs (x-rays), and hospitalization, we will refer you to a trusted area veterinary clinic. Please note that we DO NOT provide emergency services.
We make every effort to be punctual, however, because we travel throughout the Metropolitan DC region and traffic can be unpredictable, please permit up to a 30 minute variance in your scheduled appointment time. Appointments will generally last up to 1 hour, which allows us to address any and all of your concerns and to calmly and patiently observe your pet in his or her home environment and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Comprehensive physical exams for puppies, kittens, adults, and senior patients
- We recommend only non-adjuvanted vaccines for cats since vaccines containing adjuvant have been associated with development of Vaccine-Associated Sarcoma, a locally invasive tumor that carries a grave prognosis.
- Sick-pet exams
- Many illnesses can be managed with at-home veterinary care. Patients who need hospitalization or radiographs will be referred to a local veterinary hospital for further care and diagnostics.
- Ear and skin examinations
- Lab work
- Urinalysis and Urine Culture
- Intestinal Parasite Exams
- 4DX tests for Heartworm, Lyme, Anaplasmosis, and Ehrlichia
- Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) testing
- Home Again Microchip registration and implantation
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Domestic and International Health Certificates
- Quality of life consultations and recommendations for palliative care
- Gentle, peaceful, and private at-home euthanasia
- Same Day Appointment Scheduling
- Please feel free to contact us to inquire about scheduling same day appointments; however a time cannot be guaranteed. While we try to make as many accommodations as possible for our patients, most exams are scheduled far in advance and same day appointments can typically be difficult to plan. If we are able to schedule a same day appointment, there is a $50 fee for the service.
- We DO NOT PROVIDE EMERGENCY SERVICES. If you believe your pet needs urgent care, please contact your nearest veterinary hospital or emergency clinic.
We see appointments in Washington, DC and Montgomery County, Maryland, including the towns of Silver Spring, Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Takoma Park, Kensington, Cabin John, Potomac, Rockville, Northwest DC, Capitol Hill, and Georgetown.
Our fees are comparable with area veterinary clinics. As a specialized service, we charge a House Call Fee, which ranges from $36 up based on distance from our location. If you have neighbors who would like to schedule appointments with one of our doctors on the same day as your appointment, you will each receive a 20% discount off of your house call fee. We are happy to provide estimates upon request.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, kindly give us 24 hours notice. If an emergency arises, and you will be unable to be home for the scheduled appointment, please contact us at least two hours prior to our visit, or you will be charged the house call fee plus $50 to cover our time and travel costs.
We accept all major credit cards, checks, and cash. Payment is expected at the time of service.